“For those who blame themselves. Even when successful they think they could have done better, and are never content with their efforts or the results. They are hard-working and suffer much from the faults they attach to themselves. Sometimes if there is any mistake it is due to another, but they will claim responsibility even for that.” Edward Bach
Pine relates to the soul quality of self-acceptance. If you’re in the negative Pine state, you’ll put yourself down due to inappropriate feelings of guilt. The scale of self-accusation varies from minor to severe. One person upbraids himself for having neglected to greet his neighbour in a friendly enough manner, another feels remorse for consuming meat, and a third feels the remnants of the archetypal guilt of original sin.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of:
- You apologise in all kind of situations
- You haven’t forgiven yourself for something you’ve done and still blame yourself after many years
- Your troubled conscience is easily triggered and is then difficult to turn off
- You feel responsible for other people’s mistakes
- Even if you do something successfully, you feel you could have done some part of it better and are consequently unable to enjoy the success at all
- You feel you must justify things you have bought for your own comfort
- You feel unworthy and undeserving, like a naughty child waiting to be punished
- You excuse yourself for being ill, depressed, or exhausted
- You find it difficult to accept presents, unconsciously feeling you don’t deserve them
- You feel guilty when you need to speak firmly to others
- You take little for yourself and give others the first choice when supplies are low
- You chastise yourself for not making as much money as others
- You blame yourself for being part of a society that destroys the environment and take advantage of other people
- You feel undeserving of love, refusing yourself the right to exist – “Forgive me for having been born”
- You feel an almost masochistic desire to sacrifice yourself, you are given to negative narcissism
- Any appropriate guilt you feel is blown out of proportion
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Pine.
The positive potential for taking this remedy increases your awareness that everybody alive has the right to exist. You know that you’re worthy of being loved, just as is every human being. You have a deep understanding of human nature, particularly of human weaknesses. You’re able to accept presents and to praise yourself for a job well done. You know the limits of your own responsibility and know where that of others begins. You’re a good listener and adviser to others who suffer from guilt feelings.
- I am allowed to
- I am accepted
- I am freed