“For those in great distress under conditions which for a time produce great unhappiness. The shock of serious news, the loss of someone dear, the fright following an accident, and such like. For those who for a time refuse to be consoled, this remedy brings comfort.” Edward Bach
Star of Bethlehem relates to the soul’s potential for resurrection. Those in the negative Star of Bethlehem state have been shocked and remain in a kind of inner numbness. Star of Bethlehem is indicated for all the consequences of physically, mentally or spiritually traumatic experiences, irrespective of whether they occurred at birth or only yesterday.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of:
- The rudeness of some people leaves you speechless
- You’re unable to accept comfort
- You experience physical side effects including a loss of feeling, an uncertain gait, a change of voice, and water retention
- Unpleasant emotional experiences reverberate inside you for a long time
- You’re shocked and then sad because of an unpleasant experience
- A piece of terrible news “knocks you out”
- You can’t get over a fight that was unfriendly and hurtful
- There’s an old wound in your life that you don’t dare remember
- Following an accident or a surgical procedure, you don’t feel like yourself anymore
- You react slowly, as if sedated
- You let things get too close for comfort then are unable to cope with them
- You repeatedly suffer from the same nightmare
- You’re easily bruised, physically as well as mentally
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Star of Bethlehem.
The positive potential for taking this remedy is that you take things in deeply and can sense their subtle differences, you’re able to relate to all shades of other people’s feelings. You’ve learned to deal appropriately with your emotional experiences, using them for personal development. You give comfort to others.
- I feel
- I breathe
- I am alive