“Kind, quiet, gentle people who are over-anxious to serve others. They overtax their strength in their endeavours. Their wish so grows upon them that they become more servants than willing helpers. Their good nature leads them to do more than their own share of work, and in so doing thy may neglect their own particular mission in life.” Edward Bach
Centaury relates to the soul’s potential for self-determination. In the negative Centaury state your own will is not sufficiently developed.
Centaury people sometimes appear to have spent all of their willpower during the birth process, they seem happy to simply enjoy being a part of any group or activity. Children with marked Centaury traits, so-called “Easy Kids” are good natured and pleasant, and are responsive to praise and criticism. They’re hardly ever a problem to their parents, except perhaps insofar as their peers easily take advantage of them because they’re so ready to please.
An adult is easily influenced by stronger personalities who will take advantage of their innately helpful nature for egotistical purposes.
People in Negative Centaury state often say, while helplessly shrugging their shoulders “I simply can’t say no.”
Some characteristics to look for:
- You can’t stand on your own you give in too easily
- You don’t stand up for your own interests and don’t express your own wishes
- You are passive, weak-willed and easily led by others
- You go along with others willingly, obediently and even subserviently
- You’re more sensitive to the wishes of others than you are to your own
- You sense immediately what others expect and automatically do it
- You’re easily led astray by your desire to please – in extreme cases, to the point of self-denial
- You’re easily taken to the cleaners during negotiations
- You let others speak for you, your time or services are often volunteered without your consent
- You let others dictate what to do
- You’re easily persuaded to do things you didn’t plan to do
- You’re good natured and easily exploited
- You dance to the tune of self-centred personality who may be a parent, significant other, or superior
- You unconsciously adopt gestures, phrases, and opinions of a stronger personality
- Children are strongly influenced by praise and criticism
- You prefer to take on additional work because rejecting it would take more energy
- You often take on more than you can do and tend to give more that you have too
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Centaury.
The positive potential of taking this remedy is an increased awareness of your personal needs. You know when and why to say yes and when to say no. You’re able to fit in well with groups but are able to stay true to yourself. You serve wisely while staying true to your own inner purpose.
- I stand up straight
- I am who I am
- I do what I want