“This is the remedy of cleansing. For those who feel as if they had something not quite clean about themselves. Often it is something of apparently little importance: in others there may be more serious disease which is almost disregarded compared to the one thing on which they concentrate. In both types they are anxious to be free from the one particular thing which is greatest in their minds and which seems so essential to them that it should be cured. They become despondent if treatment fails. Being a cleanser, this remedy purifies wounds if the patient has reason to believe that some poison has entered which must be drawn out.” Edward Bach
Crab Apple relates to the soul’s potential for order, purity and perfection. People can get into a negative Crab Apple state when they have very definite ideas about the world around them, their bodies, and feel their inner lives need to be flawless.
A typical negative Crab Apple trait is a need for the workplace to be tidy and clean before a new task can be started.
Some of the characteristics to look for include:
- You overemphasise the principle of purity on all levels
- You are very aware of your mental and emotional hygiene
- You feel self-disgust when you do something that doesn’t live up to your own standards of purity and order
- You feel you need to cleanse yourself of impure thoughts
- You feel sinful, stained and dirty
- You’re mired in details, allowing yourself to be tyrannised by minor things and losing sight of the big picture
- You find it difficult to let things be when they aren’t perfect
- You’re unable to start working unless everything is in perfect order
- You become very irritated when life’s circumstances are disorganised
- You’re a perfect housekeeper, everything always has to be neat as a pin, thus your surroundings appear somewhat sterile
- You complain about both personal and public uncleanliness
- You have problems with very earthy, physical actions such as breast feeding and kissing
- You’re disgusted by your own skin eruptions, sweaty feet, pimples, warts, and so forth
- You have an intense, even phobic, response to all forms of dust, insects, bacteria, and the like
- You have a greater than normal need to clear your throat, blow your nose, pass wind and so on
- You feel a great need to clean yourself, even to the point of compulsive washing
- You take too seriously the symptoms of illness and want to rid yourself or even minor signs of sickness without delay, when the treatment doesn’t show the desired effect immediately you become overly concerned
- Parents raise their children with exaggerated requirements for cleanliness
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Crab Apple.
The positive potential of taking this remedy include the realisation that order cannot be permanent, that it is only a temporary state. You create order and care for things inside and outside. You have a sense of the overall picture and you see details in their proper perspective. You have a sense for higher systems of order and how everything fits together.
- I feel good
- I accept myself as I am
- I see what’s really important