“Those who are quick in thought and action and who wish all things to be done without hesitation or delay. When ill they are anxious for a hasty recovery. They find it very difficult to be patient with people who are slow, as they consider it wrong and a waste of time, and they will endeavour to make such people quicker in all ways. They often prefer to work and think alone, so that they can do everything at their own speed.” Edward Bach
Impatiens relates to the soul’s qualities of patience and gentleness. In the negative Impatiens state, you are impatient, with an inner tension that tends to cause irritability toward others. Because you move very quickly mentally, everybody else seems very slow.
Impatiens types find it very difficult to stand by patiently while watching the awkward first attempts of their trainees.
Because of their high standards and tendency to push others, Impatiens bosses can quickly become referred to as slave-drivers. But the true Impatiens person doesn’t want to be the boss. He would prefer to work alone, keeping his own pace with no interference from others. He treasures his independence.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of:
- You’re mentally tense, you feel driven by a fast inner tempo
- You feel constantly pressured by time
- You expect everything to go quickly and smoothly
- You find it hard to wait for things to take their natural course, you want to finish everything quickly
- You talk, eat and work faster than others
- People who work more slowly than you drive you crazy – you have no patience or diplomacy for them
- You cut-off other people and finish their sentences before they can
- You don’t finish your own sentences
- You impatiently take things into your own hands
- You make rash decisions
- You prefer to work alone at your own pace
- You have a great desire for independence
- You easily flare up and are curt and brusque, though your anger passes just as quickly
- You bring an end to jobs that aren’t completely finished because you just want to get them done
- You react ungraciously if not served promptly in a restaurant
- When you’re ill you feel that your symptoms are supposed to disappear immediately
- Children can’t sit still, they make nervous movements and may be hyperkinetic
- Your reservoir of strength is quickly used up and you may experience sudden pains or temporary phases of exhaustion
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Impatiens.
The positive potential for taking this remedy helps an individual to become more alert, quick thinking, quick acting, and independent–minded. You’re good at initiating new developments and keeping things rolling. You’re gifted at empathising with various temperaments. You can wait for things to take their natural course and you have patience and gentleness.
- I have time
- I am patient
- I am relaxed