“For those who are struggling and fighting strongly to get well, or in connection with the affairs of their daily life. They will go on trying one thing after another, though their case may seem hopeless. They will fight on. They are discontented with themselves if illness interferes with their duties or helping others. They are brace people, fighting against great difficulties, without loss of hope or effort.” Edward Bach
Oak, the holy tree of the Druids, relates to the soul’s potential for strength and endurance. In the negative Oak state these potentials are used in too rigid a manner. Instead of allowing itself to be guided by the Higher Self through both difficult and enjoyable periods in life, the personality becomes stuck in self-imposed high performance stress.
Life is then a constant struggle.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of include:
- You’re overly dutiful and reliable, no matter what the costs
- You overwork yourself and then grow despondent
- You work very hard but never complain
- You have almost superhuman endurance but little concern for your own needs
- You force yourself to finish any work that you’ve started
- Unceasing and persistent in your endeavours, you force yourself to keep going even when you have no energy
- You fight bravely against all odds, even if there’s little hope left
- You often continue to work only from a sense of duty
- You think in terms such as “I owe this to myself”
- You shoulder the burdens of others
- You ignore natural impulses to rest
- You try not to let your tiredness and weakness become obvious to others
- You’re admired because you don’t let things get you down
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Oak.
The positive potential for taking this remedy helps individuals to fulfil their duty within the parameters of what is possible. You deal creatively and skilfully with difficult, stressful tasks and accomplish a great deal but are also able to say “That’s Enough”. You master life joyfully, with strength and endurance.
- I relax
- I finish easily
- I feel free