“For those moments which happen to some people when the anguish is so great as to seem to be unbearable. When the mind or body feels as if it had borne to the uttermost limit of its endurance, and that now I must give way. When it seems there is nothing but destruction and annihilation left to face.” Edward Bach
Sweet Chestnut is related to the principle of deliverance. People in the negative Sweet Chestnut state are convinced that there is no longer hope for help. Considering the intensity of the suffering it involves, Sweet Chestnut is probably one of the most intense negative soul states. It represents the apex of crises, but doesn’t always present itself dramatically.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of:
- You’ve found yourself in an extremely difficult position that you just can’t bear any longer
- You believe there’s no way out, you don’t have any idea of what to do anymore
- You know only that you can’t make it any further on your own
- You need to throw in the towel but can’t admit to to yourself
- You no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel
- You feel you’ve reached the utmost limit and your burden is about to destroy you
- You can’t believe that anyone should ever have to suffer this much, you feel God has abandoned you
- You feel utterly lost inside, as if in total isolation in a helpless void
- You’re experiencing extreme mental anguish, the “dark night of the soul”
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Sweet Chestnut.
The positive potential for taking Sweet Chestnut helps you know how to use crises as opportunities for transformation. You can handle extreme situations without allowing harm to your soul. You know the right moment to take action and the moment to let go. You know when to say “thy will be done”.
- I look up
- I accept
- I let go