“Those with fixed principles and ideas, which they are confident are right, and which they very rarely change. They have a great wish to convert all around them to their own views of life. They are strong of will and have much courage when they are convinced of those things that they wish to teach.” Edward Bach
Vervain relates to the soul’s potential for enthusiasm. In the negative Vervain state your enthusiasm is exaggerated and your energy is squandered by using it in a missionary way. An inner flame burns within Vervain people in a negative state. If they have a positive idea that utterly consumes them, they are unable to rest until everybody around them has been convinced of the idea as well.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of include:
- You’re enthusiastic about an idea and want to get others involved too
- You become incensed by injustice
- You’re very intense and overly focused, you try to give 150 percent
- You’re impulsive and idealistic to the point of being a missionary, you’re wound up inside and are always on the job
- You tell others how to do things to the point of doing things for them, you try to force others to do or follow what’s good for them
- You want to convert others and in this desire you absolutely drown them with your energy, eventually tiring them out and turning them away
- You hate to get sick because you don’t want to lose your momentum at work
- You’re sure of what’s right for others
- You overdo things, get ahead of yourself and at times become fanatical
- You accept unwarranted risks and sacrifice too often to achieve your goals
- You force yourself to keep going, even when you’re physically exhausted
- You grow irritable and nervous when things don’t progress the way you want
- You find it difficult to do less than too much
- You don’t know when to stop, exaggerating your pursuit of eating, sex, work or sports
- You’re totally keyed up and unable to relax, you suffer from muscle tension, pain in your eyes, or headaches
- Children are hyperactive and won’t go to bed at night
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Vervain.
The positive potential for taking this remedy is that you get to know the appropriate amount of energy to use in all activities. You stand up for your own ideas but respect those of others and discuss them objectively. You’re able to let others dance to their own drum without having to interfere. You use your excess energy wisely and carefully when there is a good cause. You’re able to effortlessly enthuse, inspire and motivate others in the name of a higher ideal.
- I relax
- I give space to others
- I pace my energy