“For those who in health or illness like to be alone. Very quiet people, who move about without noise, speak little, and then gently. Very independent, capable and self-reliant. Almost free of the opinions of others. They are aloof, leave people alone and go their own way. Often clever and talented. Their peace and calmness is blessing to those around them.” Edward Bach
Water Violet relates to the potential to communicate and to the soul’s qualities of humility and wisdom. In the negative Water Violet state you’re prone to overly cultivating your “specialness” and withdrawing from the rest of the world in a proud reserve.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of include:
- You want to withdraw from a certain situation or relationship
- You feel isolated and not part of the group
- You occasionally are condescending and proud
- You won’t permit others to become involved in personal affairs
- You sort things out independently and won’t burden others with problems
- You are considered to be antisocial or emotionally cold
- Because of your distance others consider you to be conceited, disdainful, or arrogant
- You sometimes find it difficult to approach others
- You want to get down from your inner pedestal but don’t know how
- You have problems engaging in discussions or party conversations
- You unknowingly make it difficult for others to make genuine personal contact with you
- You avoid emotional disputes because you find them exhausting
- You find it difficult to totally relax
- You rarely cry, trying instead to keep a stiff upper lip
- You want to physically withdraw
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Water Violet.
The positive potential for taking this remedy allows you to be perfectly happy with yourself and act according to the saying “live and let live”. You keep a tactful distance but still feel in unison with other people. You like to keep to yourself but know how to contact others when necessary. Your actions are dignified and conscientious but you still prefer to stay in the background. You serve as a model of a balanced, understanding, and independent person.
- I do belong
- I take part
- I allow closeness