“Those who have ambition to do something of prominence in life, who wish to have much experience, and to enjoy all that which is possible for them, to take life to the full. Their difficulty is to determine what occupation to follow, as although their ambitions are strong, they have no calling which appeals to them above all others. This may cause delay and dissatisfaction.” Edward Bach
Wild Oat relates to the soul’s potential for knowing one’s inner purpose. If you’re in the negative Wild Oat state you don’t know your true vocation, and are therefore unfulfilled and dissatisfied deep inside.
You are undecided as to what to do, things are not clear, causing despondency and dissatisfaction. You have tried may things but none bring happiness, you become frustrated and depressed, can even feel bored.
Some characteristics to be aware of include:
- You have only a vague sense of your goals, you can’t find your direction in life, which leads to dissatisfaction, frustration and boredom
- You’re ambitions, you want to do something special but you don’t know what it is
- You always feel driven toward exciting new projects
- You try many things without gaining real satisfaction at any of them
- You have many possibilities but don’t feel called to any particular profession, hanging in the air in this way disheartens you
- You’re frustrated because things are not as clear-cut for you as they seem to be for others
- You tend to become involved in too many things and spread yourself too thin
- Inwardly you don’t want to commit and therefore you unconsciously end up in the same unsatisfactory situations
- Your professional or private life does not quite fit your type of abilities and you wind up wasting your talents
- You jump from one activity or subject o another, be it in your profession, in work, or during a conversation
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Wild Oat.
The positive potential for taking this remedy helps you recognise your own uniqueness. You find your vision and come up with appropriate ways to live it. You do many things well and find a way to simultaneously do several jobs successfully within your overall vision. You know your inner calling and follow it.
- I know what to do
- I follow my vision
- I am fulfilled