“Those who suffer much from being unable to decide between two things, first one seeming right then the other. They are usually quiet people and bear their difficulty alone, as they are not inclined to discuss it with others.” Edward Bach
Scleranthus relates to the soul’s potential for balance and decisiveness. Those in the negative Scleranthus state vacillate between different, usually two, possibilities. If you’re ever seen a grasshopper respond to the slightest movement in it’s vicinity by making huge leaps here and there with apparent aimlessness, you can imagine what it feels like inside to be in the negative Scleranthus state.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of:
- You’re indecisive, with a certain inner restlessness
- In many areas you vacillate constantly between two possible options because both have advantages
- Your moods fluctuate, you’re either crying or laughing, in seventh heaven or miserable
- You respond to numerous outside impulses, jumping to and fro like a grasshopper
- You appear unreliable because you frequently change your mind
- You lack equilibrium and inner balance, your reactions are unstable and nervous
- You find it stressful to reply to questions that require a yes-no answer
- Lacking focus you jump from topic to topic in conversation
- Your indecisiveness costs valuable time and you may miss good opportunities both personally and professionally
- You don’t ask advice of others when in inner conflict, instead you try to reach decisions by yourself
- Your gestures are quick and jumpy
- Physical symptoms from energy imbalances can include, extreme fluctuation between activity and apathy, body temperature that rises and falls quickly, symptoms that shift all over the body, one day an arm hurts here the next day a leg hurts there, problems with balance alternate between hunger and loss of appetite, constipation and diarrhoea, motion sickness and morning sickness
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Scleranthus.
The positive potential for taking this remedy is you can focus and concentrate. By keeping in touch with your centre you maintain your inner balance and rhythm. You arrive at decisions without delay and with precision. You are flexible, you have many interests and are able to integrate an increasing number of them into your life.
- I stand firm
- I know that I want
- I decide