“For those who have definite ideals and ambitions in life and are fulfilling them. But on rare occasions are tempted to be led away from their own ideas, aims and work by the enthusiasm convictions or strong opinions of others. This remedy gives constancy and protection from outside influences.” Edward Bach
Walnut relates to the soul’s potential for following your inner call, to a new beginning. If you’re in a negative Walnut state you hesitate to take the final step before a new beginning because you’re constantly being diverted by outside influences.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of include:
- You have clear goals and desires and normally know exactly what to do, but now you falter and have problems staying true to yourself
- You are usually very independent but are temporarily distracted by family obligations, social conventions, or memories of old promises and commitments
- You’re making a major life change but find that you can’t take the last step
- You wish to leave behind all restrictions and influences but can’t quite manage to do so
- When making an important life decision you find it hard to escape the influences of an important role model, a parent, teacher, boss or the like
- An unexpected outside event forces you to rethink the plans you have for your life
- You want finally to understand and intergrade a major change in your life
- Despite new decisions, you still feel like holding on to some old habits
- You’ve given up a relationship but despite physical separation you’re still under the old partner’s spell
- Major changes in life are taking place, marriage, birth, a change or occupation, a move to another city, divorce, retirement and so forth
- Major biological changes are about to occur, menopause, pregnancy, puberty, teething, terminal stages of illness
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need Walnut.
The positive potential for taking this remedy is that as a pioneer, you stay true to yourself. You dare to do what is new and you take the final step. You’re immune to outer influences and open to inner inspiration. You have character and you move forward confidently following your Life Plan.
- I am sure of myself
- I stay tore to myself
- I go my own way