“For those who cannot prevent thoughts, ideas, arguments which they do not desire from entering their minds. Usually at such times when the interest of the moment is not strong enough to keep the mind full. Thoughts which worry and will remain or, if for a time thrown out, will return. They seem to circle round and round and cause metal torture.
The presence of such unpleasant thoughts drives out peace and interferes with being able to think only of the work or pleasure of the day.” Edward Bach
White Chestnut relates to the soul qualities of tranquillity and discernment. In the negative White Chestnut state you’re the victim of unclear, disorganised thoughts.
Worrying or distressing occurrence preys on the mind, mental arguments, helpless to prevent thoughts going round and round in the mind like a hamster on a wheel. Persistent, unwanted thoughts are like a gramophone record when the stylus has jumped the groove and invariably cause a troubled mind and sleeplessness.
Some of the characteristics to be aware of involve:
- Unwanted thoughts constantly come to mind and cannot be turned off
- A worry or event persistently gnaws at your mind
- Again and again you think about what you might have said or should have said
- Your mind sounds like a broken record
- You’re mentally running in place, like a hamster in its wheel
- You experience incessant inner chatter, compulsive thought processes, or an echo in your brain
- You go over the same problems time and time again without coming to a solution
- Your mental hyperactivity prevents you from concentrating in everyday life – for instance, you don’t hear when spoken to
- You’re not thinking yourself – the thinking is running on its own
- You can’t sleep because of the thoughts going round in your head, particularly in the early hours of the morning
- Mental tension cases teeth grinding and tightness around your eyes and forehead
Even if only one of two of these patterns precisely match your present situation, you need White Chestnut.
The positive potential for taking this remedy allow you to have impressive mental capacities and use them clearly and constructively. You concentrate well, working constructively with your mental powers. Because you align yourself with your Inner Guidance, your thought impulses clarify and organise themselves. Out of your inner quiet, solutions for every problem come up on their own.
- I feel the quiet
- I feel clear
- I guide my thoughts